[address & phone
Seeking a position as full-time professor of poetry, literature or writing; editor or publisher; events coordinator; administrative assistant or accounts manager.
Adjunct Professor of English. LaGuardia Community College. August 2009-present.
Courses taught: Basic Writing, Writing Through Literature.
Grant Writing, Program Development, Revenue Modeling April 2007-April 2009
• Responsible for: researching and evaluating existing programs and services, resources and new program components; addressing state, federal requirements for funding; assessing and drafting assurances, evaluation schedules and components, memoranda of understanding, letters of support, authorizing resolutions and cover letters.
• Worked with company president and account executives to identify funding sources and eligibility, evaluate existing organizational resources and needs, contribute to planning meetings and assess new programming, facilities, and cooperative partnerships.
• Maintain timely and effective communications among the grant writing team and client organizations.
• Prepare full program budgets, time-lines and budget narratives.
• Organize, edit, compile, collate and submit grant proposals to granting agencies.
Lecturer, University at Buffalo Department of English August 1998-May 2007
• Responsible for designing, conducting and successfully teaching composition, American literature, prose writing, drama, and short story classes.
• Worked closely with faculty and students to develop coursework and ensure high student achievement in writing, critical thinking and rhetorical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal skills.
• Writing poetry, thinking creatively, organizing literary events.
• Specialization in research, analysis and development of programs, resources for educational and municipal projects.
• Fifteen years experience in editing and document design.
• Proven multi-tasking abilities in planning, scheduling, communications and administrative support.
• Outstanding facility for creatively achieving goals in committee and team planning meetings.
Ph.D. English Literature, University at Buffalo February, 2004.
M.A., B.A. cum laude, English Literature, Kent State University May, 1997.
References Available Upon Request.